- Use the new API for screen guard instead of blocking the screen within the app. This will prevent the app from being minimized when taking on the phone and phone touches the head.
- Added support for auto call recording of every call. Can be enabled at: Account->Edit->Calls->”Auto call recordings” settings.
- New option to auto-answer all calls in Account->Edit->Calls. This can be used in a call center environment when the calls are controlled by a third party application. Choosing different Ring tone allows the call to be answered with or without any ring (or beep).
- Media Codec priority was reverted, meaning “1″ to be the codec that will be used first, “8″ – to be used last.
- On Dialpad tab, click on “Call” button, puts the last dialed number to the number input. It can be used for fast redial.
- Added support for a new Passport device.
- UI design cleanup and improvements for all phone models.
Thank you for you support and suggestions. Headless mode is currently in development and is feasible with the improvements and fixes made in 10.3 OS. To speedup this development please consider donation to the project. Thanks!
Thank you everyone for the feedback, comments and support, it help us make Taki better. If you like Taki and would like to support our efforts, please consider donating via PayPal or Bitcoins. Thanks!
What’s new in 1.9.7:
- Improved operation in “Speaker” mode. Fixed click sound when switching to Speaker mode. Transition was made as smooth as underlying sound library allows.
- New “Add” button in Account action menu. Now SIP account can be added selecting “Add new account” from the drop down list at Accounts tab or choosing “Add” in action menu.
- Address book fixes for number formatting. Fixed displaying contacts when number was the only specified field.
- Introduce contact sort order: by First, Last, Company name. New tab was added to application Settings which allows to sort and display contacts using various combinations of First, Last and Company names.
- Call area layouts fixed to handle long names.
- New style for drop down lists.
- Added support of compact form of SIP headers. This option available from the application menu: Settings->Transport. It allows to encode SIP headers in their short forms to reduce size. By default, SIP headers in outgoing messages will be encoded in their full names. This options can be used to reduce traffic or to deal with a UDP fragmentation when the messages size becomes too big for UDP packet, especially when all audio codecs are enabled.
- Fix active “Settings” tab when opened from “Call history” setting opening tab
- Fix default account selection on Dialer screen
- Various audio and performance optimizations.
- Fix a crash when access to “shared” folder wasn’t granted.
There is a regression in BB10 10.2.1 notification API which prevents Taki from processing call Answer / Reject choice when Taki is running in the background and receives inbound call. In this case notification dialog pops up, but user choice is not properly delivered to Taki process.
We have ticket open in BlackBerry Bug tracker: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-2166 and you can follow the progress there.
After it’ll be fixed you won’t need to focus Taki to answer/reject the call.
This post will be updated when more information becomes available. Thanks for letting us know about this issue!
This issue was escalated to Blackberry internal NDK team and added the MKS DevTask ID: 633214.
Taki phone was approved in Built for BlackBerry® Program.
Built for BlackBerry. The signature BlackBerry 10 experience.
Built to keep you moving, apps and games with the Built for BlackBerry designation
provide the seamless performance and integrated experience you’ve come to love. Look
for the Built for BlackBerry badge to identify apps and games that deliver the signature
BlackBerry 10 experience.
More improvements on the way in this release:
- Accounts configured with TCP transport now correctly use transport in all SIP transactions.
- Fixes for VoIP services provided on alternative ports.
- Use outbound proxy only when enabled.
If you experience any issues with the softphone please don’t hesitate to contact Support. Your comments and suggestions are always welcome!
This release brings couple of improvements and optimizations:
- Added possibility to specify network preference.
Now you can configure Taki to work only when the phone is in Wi-Fi coverage. Or alternatively, only when the phone has cellular connection. These options are available at “Settings” screen in application menu.
- As a preparation for the “headless” mode, audio stack was optimized to reduce CPU and battery consumption while on call.
- New Email option was added to Support screen. It allows to email application log to developers or your local SIP guru.
Thanks for you feedback and support which allow these updates to come.
For those who already running BB OS 10.2.1 this update will implement required modification for the audio device to work properly in headset and speaker mode. Please let me know how it works for you. Thanks!
Added support for Z30 phone.
Now all current Blackberry 10 phones covered: Z10, Z30, Q10, Q5 and Blackberry PlayBook too.
If you are looking for a SIP client for your Blackberry phone – you found the right one. Taki is the most stable, feature rich phone on Blackberry 10 platform.
Thanks for your comment and feedback!
Based on your feedback, this release brings more improvements:
- Allow to use Speaker and Mute buttons immediately after call start
- On Q5, Q10 allow to send DTMFs directly from the keyboard without opening the dialplad
- Allow to place calls even when no Contacts permissions are given
Thanks for sending your comments and suggestions!
Minor release which added COPY/PASTE functionality to text edit controls.
E.g. now phone number can be ‘copied’ from the web page ‘pasted’ into Taki dial field. Also, while configuring Taki, now it’s possible to paste password which should prevent typo errors.