This release brings couple of improvements and optimizations:
- Added possibility to specify network preference.
Now you can configure Taki to work only when the phone is in Wi-Fi coverage. Or alternatively, only when the phone has cellular connection. These options are available at “Settings” screen in application menu.
- As a preparation for the “headless” mode, audio stack was optimized to reduce CPU and battery consumption while on call.
- New Email option was added to Support screen. It allows to email application log to developers or your local SIP guru.
Thanks for you feedback and support which allow these updates to come.
For those who already running BB OS 10.2.1 this update will implement required modification for the audio device to work properly in headset and speaker mode. Please let me know how it works for you. Thanks!
Added support for Z30 phone.
Now all current Blackberry 10 phones covered: Z10, Z30, Q10, Q5 and Blackberry PlayBook too.
If you are looking for a SIP client for your Blackberry phone – you found the right one. Taki is the most stable, feature rich phone on Blackberry 10 platform.
Thanks for your comment and feedback!
Based on your feedback, this release brings more improvements:
- Allow to use Speaker and Mute buttons immediately after call start
- On Q5, Q10 allow to send DTMFs directly from the keyboard without opening the dialplad
- Allow to place calls even when no Contacts permissions are given
Thanks for sending your comments and suggestions!
Minor release which added COPY/PASTE functionality to text edit controls.
E.g. now phone number can be ‘copied’ from the web page ‘pasted’ into Taki dial field. Also, while configuring Taki, now it’s possible to paste password which should prevent typo errors.
This release available for Blackberry 10 devices.
- Added Instant Messaging support via SIP MESSAGE. Messages can be sent from the application menu or from the Contacts tab. Some VoIP providers allows you to send/receive SMSs using this technology.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
- Implement Blind and Attended transfer (using REFER method). Please check documentation of your PBX to see if this feature is supported and how to enable it.
- Core changes to improve responsiveness of UI.
Changelog for Taki 1.7.3:
- Fix issue with posting CDR to call history.
- Initialize re-register timers for registration error cases.
Thanks for everyone who reported problems and send their suggestions.
New Taki release brings minor improvements:
- Load and allow to manage accounts without network connection
- Clean up notification window if the call wasn’t answered
- Clean up Accounts tab
- Use BB10 API to find DNS servers
UPDATE from 10/25/2013:
Blackberry fixed this issue in their 10.2.0424 OS release.
Several customers reported no audio issue when they are using Taki softphone. In most cases they were able to configure Taki and make successful calls, but then suddenly something happens and they have no audio on calls anymore. Usually phone reboot fix the issue.
Trying to pin point this problem we found:
- Other SIP phones on Blackberry platform and other application which are using Blackberry Audio Manager API are affected.
- If some application which is using Audio Manager API mutes the audio channel, no other application are able to unmute it and restore audio. Blackberry is aware of this bug and have ticket open in their system. No ETA when it’ll be resolved.
I’ll update this post as more information becomes available.
New application AudioLoopBack become available in Blackberry world which allows to test audio system of Blackberry phone. When you have issue with no audio in Taki, this application won’t play audio too. In addition, AudioLoopBack unmute all playback devices and after phone reboot audio subsystem should function properly again. You can download it from here.
UPDATE from the customer 09/13/2013:
Just wanted to mention that the permanently muted audio problem also happens when you simply reduce the volume to zero with the volume keys at the side. Taki doesn’t have to be running at this point. Once it happened, neither Taki nor Bria play any audio anymore until reboot. Funny enough, Skype as Android app is not affected.