This major update dedicated to secure communications and introduce support of TLS, SRTP and ZRTP.
TLS – allows to secure SIP signaling for your calls.
SRTP – allows to secure audio
ZRTP – allows to secure audio and provides protection against “man in the middle” attack.
To start using TLS with SRTP:
– In main “Settings” choose “Transport” and enable “TLS”
– In main “Settings” choose “Security” and set you preferences for trust.
– At “Accounts” tab open action menu (three vertical dots) and choose “Edit”. In account settings choose “Transport” and select “TLS”. Then choose “Security” and set SRTP options: e.g. “mandatory”.
More details of how to configure TLS/SRTP can be found in this article.
– ZRTP can be used independently from TLS/SRTP with insecure UDP and TCP transports. If enabled on both sides, ZRTP will negotiate encryption keys at the begging of each call and secure audio stream. To enable ZRTP at “Accounts” tab open action menu (three vertical dots) and choose “Edit”. In account settings choose “Security” and select “Use ZRTP”.
– Accounts configuration was simplified and organized in one tab. Taping on account will set account as a default account for outgoing calls. Calls made from Dialer, Contacts tabs will be dialed using selected account. Taping on voicemail icon will dial voicemail access number or popup settings window to configure voicemail access parameters. Taping on the status icon will open “Account Status” window.
– Account status.
– Default Active tab. This tab will be displayed when the phone starts or call is over. Default tab can be set in “Settings”->”Platform”->”Default tab”
– Voicemail status and speed dial. Added support for voicemail MWI (message waiting indicator).
– Account settings extended with a new Voicemail tab.
– UI Improvements for Passport
Thank you for you feedback and support!